For the past 8 years our farm has experienced a prolonged drought (there has been a few showers, enough to make the place look green on the odd occasion - yet all the time the land and dams grow ever drier) For the first time in my memory my dearest Sams Creek has ceased to have any water whatsoever. It is a pitiful and heart-breaking sight/site...

I have visited this creek for more than 40 years... I've never seen this - nor have I heard any anecdotal reports or viewed physical evidence that might show that the creek has ever ceased to flow. It is so hard to witness.

Sams Creek has always been a major site for water for animals in the adjoining Kooraban National Park... and although they are still coming out of the Park in search of water - there's nothing to be had save a few algae covered isolated pools.
Oh for some rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment