
I noticed this dear when it was cornered by our very naughty kitty 'boots'. After I removed said naughty kitty I rushed back to make sure that this lovely creature was ok - he is a small (and so I'd guess still young) eastern water dragon - I've noticed a few dragons in the garden over my time here at the creek - they are such characters!
In previous years (when the creek had water....) I've seen some considerably larger specimens - I once glimpsed one that was at least 1.5m long - he jumped into the water hole before I could get a piccie, or even a decent look at him

This one was only about 25-30cm long - just look at the face! look at the lovely skin! I just think they are soooooo adorable!
I'm pleased to report that a few seconds after I took these pics the dragon beat a hasty retreat back into my overgrown garden bed
1 comment:
Lovely! We had lots at our former home in SE Qld.In fact, a local pub/motel is called "The Bearded Dragon." Don't see them up here.
Post a Comment