Friday, December 17, 2010

taking charge

the new building is still moving ahead .....


Sass and EJ- inspect the works most days.... 


Here's how the main section is shaping up -



The pit is in (that's the 'trench' looking bit in the middle just in case you didn't know what a 'pit' is! this is where the humans stand and work - yep down below the cows) - the steel structures for the milking bays are going up - one side of the floor is going to be poured shortly.....

Today the floor is being poured in the vat room and the wash room (that's the wash room below)



The concreting is the most labour intensive (and energy and money intensive) part of the project - it would be lovely to get all the main floors in before Christmas, but I can't really see it happening.... fingers crossed - there's so many things to organise and manage right now - it's mind boggling! lucky it's all on FP and not me to manage!

 Although I think I spot a likely successor for FP.....


 Sass is always ready to explain to the builders how it should work......



ooooo I'll be pleased when this is all finished - it's worse than building a new house!



....

1 comment:

Carol said...

It's HUGE Ronnie, I can't wait to see it in action. Bit different to the two cows I grew up with. Your kids are gorgeous (as I knew they would be). Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope 2011 will be good to you in every way - happiness, artistic inspiration, prosperity, good weather... Carol xox