Wednesday, January 12, 2011

getting there....

It's a bit damp underfoot - that means working conditions (and especially access) are not ideal for building... but last week the vat room and wash rooms were basically complete - here's the sams creek crew peeking out from the wash room....


over head that day I spied 3 wedge tail eagles (I take it as a good sign.... I love all raptors)


today - despite rain the first half of the dairy floor was poured.... it's a great step forward....


('strawb' is laying the diamond pattern - that creates greater traction for the cows - this part is open to the elements - and links the inside to the yards outside - so it needs to provide a good 'rough' surface so we don't have slippery sliding girls!)


I just love some of john's tools! - here's his long-handled broom, to make just the right rough finish on the concrete...

but goodness - all this RAIN!


the boys had to cover the tiny bit of concrete that isn't under the roof...




I can't complain - the grass is growing, the building is going ahead, we have nothing of the floods of queensland

and it is far to my faraway north that my thoughts are turning today..... all those towns, all those farms, all those animals, all those poor people trying to make it through the devastation of flood waters. I can't imagine how dreadful it all must be right now - my thoughts are with them all in this dark time....

I'm sure that when the waters clear and the extent of the damage is understood, many farmers will be forced to undertake massive rebuilding - and in THAT sense at least I can now empathise.

I wish I could be of more help than that.....



......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been weeks of nightmarish weather.And no end in sight.
Like you, I'm thinking of those who have lost so much.

But it's nice to see a positive!

Carol said...

Certainly is coming on apace, in spite of weather. Loved that broom.

And yes, my thoughts too are with everyone in the floods. Such destruction, with tragic loss of human and animal life, livlihoods, homes - my heart goes out to everyone affected.