Saturday, September 20, 2008

welcome to sams creek

Hello and welcome to the farm at Sams Creek


Here I hope to share a small glimpse of life on the land on the far south coast of NSW Australia



Sams Creek is a working beef farm - owned by my family since the late 1960s. I've lived on the place (the first and only member of my family to do so) for the past 20 years and over the 40 years I've known the place (goodness now you'll all figure out my age!) I've grown to love the place with a passion that is hard to put into words (a good thing I'm an artist and not a writer then...)




It's not always a bed of roses... We have been in drought (on and off the official register) for more than 6 years... so the creek here in many places is a river of stone more than a river of water...

Sams Creek, I think you'll come to see is so much more than just a farm, or a way of life... it's a different state of mind...

No comments: