Monday, July 13, 2009

winter vegies...

Ooops has it been that long since I added a note or two here?.... goodness - it would seem that nothing much of note happens around here - and that's sooooo far from the truth it doesn't warrant talking about.

well - just to bring you a little up to date - I've dropped in a pic of the vege raised beds in their winter glory... (click the pic for the full view...)



we are still eating full time from the garden - with an abundance of bok choy, broccoli, tuscan kale (YUM!), silverbeet, snow peas, late parsnips (YUM YUM YUM - these are great this time of year.... leave them in the ground and harvest as you eat)... the large red leafy plants in the right hand bed are mizuna - delicious lightly cooked or crunchy fresh from the garden... still to mature are some leeks, cauli, cabbage, more broccoli and asian greens and the broad beans have only just emerged from the ground (they were planted a little late - and its been a mild winter so far)


so even though I may not be posting pics and stories - I've still been working away in the garden!

No comments: