tall bearded iris
Observations
No sooner had I posted my report last week of 'no rain' – and we had a lovely couple of days of storms – and about 10mm rain – perfect... I only wish that there was more on the horizon – but the bureau of meteorology says 'nay'
For the past two weeks a small pee wee has been waging an increasingly more violent war against its reflection in our windows.... I do hope it wins soon as the scratching bashing noise is driving me a bit batty!
I've noticed a heap of caterpillars (3 different types) all through the garden – two of the blueberry plants were stripped of their foliage (they are making a slow recovery) and a number of camellias have had similar treatment...
the cherokee wax bean seedlings are emerging – and looking good – so too are nasturtium and sunflower seeds planted in the hot border
david austin rose (I think it's eglantyne...)
To do
move wild tomato and random squash family seedlings into different vege bed
work on the 'chimney' decorative garden (it's presently completely empty with a tempting covering of eucalypt mulch... I'm not sure what to plant....hmmmmm)
completed
resow amish paste tomato seeds (the dogs rampage through the vege garden wiped out the first little plants...grrrrrrrr)
potatoes hilled and covered with mulch (a mixture of sugar cane mulch and chopped lucerne)
hot border weeded
spent rocket plants removed (and added to the compost heap)
golden hubbard & blue banana squash seeds planted (in a spare spot in the berry garden)
picking/ eating
carrots, red onions, italian cabbage, baby bok choy, black mulberries (only a few though - the damn satin bowerbirds stripped the tree before we got to enjoy the fruit... grrrrrrr), broad beans (almost at their end – the hotter weather is knocking the plants about)
2 comments:
Ronnie, I do love reading about your garden. I'm working hard in mine at the moment and every time I get cross at the water restrictions I think of you and your dry creek. I'm sorry I didn't get down your way on my trip but maybe next time.
thanks for the encouragement carol
I'll be holding you to a visit... maybe you'll bring some rain with you...
in the meantime I hope your garden is going/growing well (the constant dry is a real bummer...)
Post a Comment