Sunday, December 6, 2009
TWIG 10
The dry continues.... We had a small stormy shower last sunday (right after I posted my weekly garden gripe about the lack of moisture..... so I'm hoping my whining might work again...)
and it's not only the continued dry conditions that my poor garden has to contend with – there's something munching off our little seedlings as they emerge (snails?) and another something stopping our seeds from sprouting (ants?) so this week I've had to re-sow the carrots and beetroot, lettuce and beans.... grrrrrrrrr
I have lots of pumpkin and squash seedlings emerging all over the garden - I've utilised the spare space in the hot border to squeeze in lots and lots of pumpkin/squash plants.
FP is hard at work constructing seedling protection and I'll hopefully have something to show and tell by next week
to do: I'm reluctant to add to the list – as I've barely scratched anything off the old list! Hopefully I'll get more done in the coming week....
Completed: Seeds sown: detroit beetroot, danvers carrot, golden hubbard squash, baby blue pumpkin, triamble pumpkin, tongue of fire bean, green cos lettuce, rondo de nice zucchini, rosita eggplant, muncher burpless cucumber, blue banana pumpkin, replacement climbing princess bean, 'tasty' lettuce seedlings transplanted.
picking/ eating: white icicle radish, mixed lettuce, italian cabbage, spring onions, our first tentative (and tiny) berry crops - blueberries and early season raspberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment